Friday, June 12, 2009

I AM

it matters not what the future holds
i cannot grasp what lies behind

but who i am now
is the thing
is the truth
much more than who i was
has made me what i am
or who i will become

so i must be who i am
and live myself to the fullest today
because the past is gone
and tomorrow is not guaranteed
so my living and hoping
must be in the reality that exists
not in something that has died
or the potential that may never be

my hope is in the Lord
who was
and is
and is to come
He's a sure thing

so if i never regain what was lost
and never find what i'm looking for
i will be complete in the knowledge
that i am loved
and was loved
and will be loved
no matter what happens to me

no hope in the future
no anchor in the past
but hope in the One
the Way
the Truth
the Life
the I AM

No comments:

Post a Comment